Monday, October 10, 2011

School and Bullying

 School is rough.
Annoying teachers,
loads of homework,
late assignments,
horrible lunches,
The list goes on forever. But the worst part, the part I personally struggle with the most, is bullying.  They call you names, they give you funny looks, they hit you, trip you, put mean notes in your locker, anything! It happens a lot. And it happens everywhere. Even in Christian schools.
I go to a Christian school, and I am bullied every single day, by the same people (whose names shall go unsaid), and they do the same things every day. This happens in Christian schools. I've tried standing up for myself, and I've tried ignoring it. I've tried this ever since I was in second grade. But it doesn't seem to work. Whenever I try to stand up for myself, I get laughed at and the bullying continues, and if I try to ignore it, the bullying still continues. Why can't all of this just stop? I never understood why God makes these things happen to me. I don't understand why people have to suffer!
  The other day I read something that answered my question. I read that God makes these things happen because he wants us to depend on him. He wants us to pray and put our trust in him, and then he will guide us through the trouble. This doesn't mean that when something bad happens, such as your grandmother gets brain cancer, we quick pray to God and after the bad thing goes away, we continue on with our normal lives and not pray to him. This means that we should put our trust in him at all times. Even in something simple, like the bus ride to school, or a bike ride to a friends house. Keep your trust in the LORD all the time, and he will guide you through the storm.

1 comment:

  1. As horrible as it is that that happens to you, I'm glad you have such a good perspective on it, Katie. Hang in there, it will eventually get better-- some day. God created you as a wonderful person and if you continue to let His love and grace shine through you,that is pleasing to Him and that's what matters most.

    ReplyDelete